Frequently Asked Questions

When is the Brillion City Center open?
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday  8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Except for holidays.
After hours there is a drop off box in the Street entryway of Brillion City Center for utility payments, pet licensing information, parking tickets, etc. 
Where do I vote and what are the voting hours?
All City of Brillion residents vote at the Brillion City Center, 201 N. Main St. during elections. Polls open at 7 am and close at 8 pm.  Click here for more information about voting.
What are the City's winter parking rules?
The City of Brillion winter parking ban is in effect from November 15 through April 1.  There is no parking on City streets without prior permission from the Police Department between the hours of 1:00 am and 6:00 am.
When does snow need to be removed from sidewalks?
All property owners or occupants of a lot abutting a sidewalk are required to remove all snow and ice from sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall or sleet storm.  It is against the law to plow or shovel snow into the streets.  (Municipal Code Sec. 82-33. Snow and ice removal)
When is garbage picked up?
Garbage collection is every Wednesday (except if Wednesday is a holiday then garbage is picked up on Thursday.)  The City contracts with Deyo Disposal for all garbage and recycling pickup needs.  You can contact them at (920) 864-5808. For more information click here.

All garbage must be placed in the garbage barrel at the curb.

Note: There is a city ordinance against throwing yard waste away with the weekly garbage pickup. All yard waste should be taken to the city compost site and deposited in the specially-marked bins.
What's recyclable and when is it picked up?
Where can I drop off unused medication?
A Safe Drug Drop Box for leftover medications at the Police Department.  It is available to the public during normal business hours.  Household pharmaceuticals accepted at the drop-off box include prescription and over-the-counter human and pet medications such as pills, capsules, ointments, liquids, sprays, drops, creams, inhalers, vials or any other drug no longer needed for its intended purpose. No needles, intravenous solutions, or non-medication waste. Contact the Calumet County Health Department at (920)849-1432 for safe needle disposal.
Where do I apply for a dog or cat license?
At Brillion City Center. All City of Brillion residents owning a cat or dog that is older than 5 months is required to purchase a license.

IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT. In addition to payment of the required dog license, the owner must present evidence that the dog is currently immunized against rabies before receiving a license for the dog according to WI Statute 95.12(2).

For more information click here.
Where is the City Compost Site and what can I drop off?
The Compost Site is conveniently available to all City Residents.  It is located off Highway 10 (W. Ryan Street) just behind McDonalds.

Yard waste may be disposed of at the City compost site daily.  Yard waste includes all materials originating in the yard and garden, which are capable of natural decomposition, including leaves, grass clippings, and other vegetation. For more information click here.
When is Curbside Brush Pickup available?
Spring through Fall, the City will pick up brush, branches and limbs that have been placed on the curbside the first Monday of the month, May – September (weather permitting.) For more information click here.
When is Curbside Leaf Pickup?
Beginning early October, residents may rake leaves into the curb line of the street.  Please do not place leaves in the curb line at any other time; rather, compost leaves on site or dispose of them without charge at the City Compost Site. For more information click here.
Are recreational fires allowed in Brillion?
Short answer is yes. However you must fill out the Application for Open Burning Permit which includes collecting signatures of all adjoining property owners and paying a fee of $25.00 one time fee.  You may pick up the form at the City Hall.  All recreational fires shall comply with the following requirements: See Municipal Code Section 34-97. Recreation Fires and Section 34-98. Outdoor Cooking Fires.
How can I find the assessed value of property in Brillion?
There are two web sites that can help. Accurate Appraisal is the city's assessing firm. The company lists the information on their web site by clicking here.

The Calumet County web site allows persons to access assessment information not only for Brillion but properties in all of Calumet County by clicking here.
How do I obtain a bartender's license?
The Operator's (Bartender's) license is a 2-year license expiring June 30.  The non-refundable fee is $30.00 and must be paid at the time of application.

The application must be filled out completely and must be notarized.  Notary Public service is available in our office.

A record check will be completed by the Police Department.  The Police Department will approve or deny the application based on information the applicant has provided on the application.  If the record check reveals information which was not reported on your application, your application may be rejected.

State law requires that applicants complete an approved Responsible Beverage Server's course if they have neither held a license nor completed the course within the last 2 years.  Proof must be supplied before a license will be issued.

For additional information about licensing or to obtain applications, contact the City Hall at (920)756-2250. To obtain an application on line, click here.
How do I report a street light that is not working properly?
If a resident sees a street light in their area that is out or flickers, etc., they can either report it to WPS directly through their website at or they can call City Hall at (920)756-2250.

Please have the following information ready when contacting WPS or Brillion City Center: Location of the pole: Examples would be "Corner of Manhattan Street and Memorial Drive" or closest home address to pole. Pole #: A standard pole number has six digits with two numbers, two letters and two numbers (example: 55EE43). The number can be found on the pole.  What's the Problem: Light is out, light flickers off/on, etc.
How do I run for public office?
The City of Brillion’s governing body consists of a part-time mayor, with seven alderpersons, each elected for a three-year term.  Inquire at the City Hall to learn more. 
Where can I take care of vehicle licensing and registration?
How do I obtain a golf cart or ATV permit for use in the city limits?
Stop in at the Brillion City Center to complete the application.  The application fee is $25.00 which must be paid with the application. The fee is an application service fee which pays for the inspection of your machine and is Non-Refundable.  Then make an appointment with Brillion Police Department for an inspection of your golf cart or ATV.  Inspections will be conducted at the availability of an officer.  Upon successful completion of your inspection, you will be issued a set of stickers.  The stickers must be attached to your machine before operation on City streets.